The Accelerated Parole Program (Policy Directive 454.07) shall be made available to inmates serving a sentence with a parole eligibility date, except sentences of Life with Mercy and Habitual Life. However, this program shall not be available to any inmate to which one or more of the following may apply:
- Is serving a sentence for, or has a criminal conviction for, a felony crime of violence against a person.
- Is serving a sentence for, or has a felony conviction, involving the use, presentment, or brandishing of a firearm.
- Is serving a sentence, or has a felony convicition, for a crime where the victim was a minor child.
- Is serving a sentence, or has a felony conviction, for a crime where the crime resulted in the victim's death.
- Is serving a setence for more than one (1) felony conviction for a controlled substance offense on which the inmate is serving a consectutive sentence.
- Is serving a sentence on an offense for which there is a mandatory notification period under WV Code Section 62-12-23.
- Is rpesently incarcerated due to parole revocation for a new felony conviction, to WV Code 62-12-19(h).
- Is presently incarcerated in another jurisdiction, with a consecutive/concurrent WVDOC sentence.
Please see Policy Directive 454.07 for additional information.